It takes a lot of work to keep our Gardens beautiful. We have an EXTREMELY FRAGILE plant collection. Please respect the Gardens and keep in mind that the Botanical Gardens at Asheville is not a play park. We have created these rules for the well-being of the Gardens as well as for the safety and the consideration of all visitors. We invite you to enjoy the Gardens and leave them as you found them.
Special note to parents: We love for children to explore nature here at the Gardens. Unfortunately, the majority of the damage we sustain comes from under-supervised children. Please review the rules below and monitor your children closely at all times during your visit.
Special note for groups: Any group or organization wishing to use our facilities must review our policies governing the use of our indoor and outdoor spaces AND contact our Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-252-5190 to schedule your visit.
- All species are protected — Do not pick or collect plants or plant parts, or remove/modify any natural features on the property.
- NO DOGS or other pets allowed.
- Support rare plants by staying on established paths or lawns and out of garden beds.
- Sporting games (football, frisbees etc.) and bike riding are not allowed.
- Help protect our trees by not climbing or hanging hammocks or tightropes on them.
- To respect resident wildlife, no drones or radio-controlled vehicles are allowed.
- Access streams only in designated areas — please don’t climb down banks at random.
- Unauthorized vehicles are not allowed to enter the Gardens.
- Please supervise children at all times to protect them and our special plants.
- No fires or smoking. The BGA is a designated tobacco-free zone.
- No overnight camping permitted.
- Nature study: botany, bird watching, etc.
- Artistic pursuits: photography, painting, journaling, etc.
- Picnics: benches and tables are provided, or bring your own blanket. Please remove all trash and place in containers near the Botany Center.
- Exercise: strolling and jogging on established paths.