Whether you’re interested in the brilliant blooms of spring, the verdant greens of midsummer, or the glow of fall foliage, the Asheville Botanical Gardens offers a beautiful backdrop for weddings, photography sessions, or group visits all year around.
We welcome groups of all types to the Gardens, but given fragility of our plant collection, we do request you review our rules for visitors as well as our group guidelines. Please help us keep our plants healthy and thriving for all to enjoy!
We welcome groups of all types to the Gardens: School Groups | Meet-Up Groups | Camps | Yoga Groups | Naturalist Walks | Weddings | Photo Shoots | Family Gatherings
Any organized group wanting to visit the Gardens must obtain permission from our Operations Manager before your visit. Please call (828) 252-5190 or email email@example.com for permission to bring a group to the Gardens.
Please keep in mind, The Botanical Gardens at Asheville is NOT a recreational park. Our Gardens are very fragile, our staff is small, and our parking capacity is limited. For these reasons, please see below for guidelines for bringing groups to the gardens.
- Obtain permission from our Operations Manager before your organized group visit by calling (828) 252-5190 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We limit the number of events and groups in the Gardens at one time in order to ensure adequate parking and a pleasant experience for all.
- Please review our Garden Rules before your visit and share them with your group.
- Please consider making a donation or becoming a member to help us with the continued upkeep of this special place. We are 100% member & donor supported, we do not receive city, state, university or federal funding.
- Bringing children: Under-supervised children can damage the Gardens and our plant collection. For the well-being of our plant collection as well as your kids’ safety, we ask that you review our rules with your children, remind them that all species are protected and monitor your children closely at all times during your visit. Large groups of children must have adequate adult supervision.
- 30 people is the maximum we allow for group gatherings.
As with all visitors, we request all photographers keep in mind the importance of preserving our plant collection.
General, Prom & Family photography: We do allow photography by visitors. Please respect the Gardens by staying on pathways or in lawn areas, do not go off trail or into garden beds and make sure to follow our garden rules during your photoshoot.
Professional photographers and videographers: We allow small scale professional photoshoots in the Gardens. If you will have more than 15 people for a photoshoot, please contact us at (828) 252-5190 or email@example.com to obtain permission for use of the Gardens before your shoot.
The Butler Room
Our Visitor Center has a large room, suitable for meetings, classes, and group gatherings. This room accommodates up to 30 people and is equipped with tables, chairs and projection equipment which may be arranged to suit your needs. Rentals are available for one time events or ongoing meetings. Clubs with a membership to the Botanical Gardens may use the Butler Room for one free meeting each year.
Room Rentals are only available during Visitor Center Hours or while we have staff on site. For more information, pricing or to rent one of our indoor spaces please contact our Operations Manager at 828-252-5190 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You couldn’t ask for a lovelier setting than the Gardens for an outdoor wedding.
For more information on hosting your wedding at the gardens please visit our Weddings at the Gardens page.
We can accommodate small, simple wedding ceremonies with the following limitations:
- 30 person maximum for all weddings, this includes the wedding party, officiant, photographer, etc.
- Ceremony only weddings, no receptions.
- No use of indoor spaces for weddings.
- No tent or chair rentals.
- Restroom access for weddings is only available during Visitor Center Hours which vary by season.
Outdoor wedding costs range from $150-$250 depending upon the number of people.
Please NOTE: We do not offer wedding planning services.
If you have questions, would like more information, or to make a wedding reservation, please contact us at email@example.com.