The Botanical Gardens is an independent nonprofit corporation financially supported by memberships, donations, endowments, proceeds from the Garden Path Gift Shop, and fees from special events and programs that are offered to the public. With the exception of the occasional competitive grant, we receive no city, state, or federal tax dollars.
Your donations matter! With your help we are able to:
- Help to maintain the infrastructure of the gardens including pathways, bridges, and the gift shop building
- Keep the gardens free for residents and visitors to the Asheville area
- Increase Awareness of this region’s unique botanical diversity, this is one of the most diverse ecosystems in the world!
- Support ongoing educational programs about the flora and fauna of this region.
- Maintain resources for academic research as well as community knowledge of botany, horticulture, ecology, and ornithology.
- Support the Cole Library, a resource containing more than 1,000 books that is available for free to members.
- Keep the gardens open every day all year round from sunrise to sunset.
It may be possible to double your impact. Check with your employer; many companies will match employee's donations.
There are many ways to donate to the Botanical Gardens
All donation are tax deductible
We accept all forms of donations, including those made In Memoriam or In Honor of someone.
If you would prefer to print a form and mail a check for your In Memoriam donation, you can download the form here: In Memoriam Form